Sunday, June 7, 2009

Question [FriskynSquish] : Question about herbal alternatives SOS?

What is the name of the herbal ingredient in Valium that makes some one calm down I used to know. and I need to know its real important I cant get a script from a Dr. and I need to find a good powerfull-ish remedy for extreme stress I know this ingredient is available to buy over the counter............please help

________________________________________________

Answer:

Valerian is a natural herb while Valium (Diazepam) is a synthetic chemical compound. These two drugs have NO derivatisation relationship. The reason why Valerian is called "nature valium" is that both Valerian and valium can treat anxiety and insomnia, with valerian being a natural compound.

Diazepam (Valium) is a synthetic analouge to Valerien. That is to say, that while to the best of my knowledge Valium doesn't come from Valerien, the active compounds are chemically the same or at least, very similar.

No comments: